Our Bankruptcy Practice is dedicated exclusively to providing confidential bankruptcy law services and credit advice to our clients with respect, dignity, and personal service.
The Supreme Court of the United States says it best. Bankruptcy is designed to provide a fresh start for individual debtors. The Court describes the fresh start as, “a new opportunity in life, unhampered by the pressure and discouragement of preexisting debt.” It allows individuals to engage in newly productive lives unimpaired by their past financial problems.
Proudly serving Monmouth, Ocean, and Middlesex Counties with 45 years of combined experience.
I. Mark Cohen, Esq.
Managing Director I. Mark Cohen Law Group
- Lifelong Monmouth County resident
- University of Pennsylvania B.A.
- George Washington University J.D.
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Martin J. Kole, J.S.C. Bergen County Superior Court
- Superior Court of New Jersey-Monmouth County Contract Arbitrator
- Superior Court of New Jersey-Monmouth County Mediator
- American Bar Association Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association Member, Special Civil Part Committee-Chair
- R.1:40 qualified mediator on the New Jersey Statewide Roster of Mediators of Civil, General Equity, and Probate Cases
- Monmouth Bar Association Member, Elected Trustee, Legal Aid Society of Monmouth County former President and current Board Member
- Supreme Court of New Jersey, Committee of the Special Civil Part
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Tinton Falls Business and Professional Association
- Monmouth Beach Environmental Commission-Chair
- Christian Brother’s Academy Former Father’s Club President
- Temple Beth Miriam Trustee
Jonathan Goldsmith Cohen, Esq.
Director, Bankruptcy Practice
- Lifelong Monmouth County Resident
- Graduate of Oak Hill Academy, Christian Brothers Academy
- Hobart College, B.A. Magna Cum Laude
- Elected to Phi Beta Kappa
- Recipient of the Charles “Chip” Hart award for dedication and commitment to rowing
- Vermont Law School, J.D.
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Patricia Del Bueno Cleary, J.S.C. Chancery Division Monmouth County Superior Court
- Bankruptcy Inn of Court, Barrister. Presenter of session “Debtors Roundtable: Loan modification and repair, dischargeability of condominium fees”
- New Jersey State Bar Association Member, Bankruptcy Section
- Monmouth County Bar Association: Advisory Trustee, Entertainment Committee, Young Lawyers’ Committee 3 year elected member, Membership Committee, Publications Committee
- Vice President of the Board and Trustee of Jewish Family and Children’s Services of Monmouth County
- Councilman, Borough of Interlaken. Member of the Finance and Administration Committee and Streets and Roads Committee
- Volunteer Lawyers for Justice Member. Developed and presented a seminar on Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, and Superstorm Sandy for individuals affected by Sandy. Presented in Bergen,
- Monmouth, and Ocean Counties
- Presenter, Bankruptcy Basics for the Non-Bankruptcy Practitioner, Worrall F. Mountain Inn of Court, Morristown